Thursday, June 18, 2009

PETA needs to take a chill pill!



Q:You know why I disdain PETA?

A: It's all in their name - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.


First and foremost, I believe that mankind was given dominion over animals, and therefore I consider human needs more important than the animals feelings...after all, animals don't have souls. If I need to stay warm, I say make me a fur coat! If I'm hungry, I say go fishing or hunting until you're full and stocked up! I do think that we shouldn't be reckless with the way we treat and/or kill animals, but even still I usually think that's more of a poor reflection on man than a wrong done to animals. For example, torturing animals is a big NO NO - not because it's inhumane to the animal, but because it probably reflects that there is something mentally wrong with the individual and they're about to start enacting their little hobby on their fellow man. Animals are put here for our benefit, for our needs. If we screw that up, the onus is, well, on us. End of story.

Now, back to these annoying PETA people (the same people whose ads are 98% sex to sell their campaign...and people talk about that foursome CK add...just Google Image PETA and you'll see). So, President Obama was giving an interview and there was an annoying big ol' fly swarming around (you know the type that everyone swats at and runs from in disgust). Our fearless Commander-in-Chief successfully slapped and killed that fly without even flinching. Personally, I was rather impressed. Take a look for yourself:



Bwahaha, I LOVE IT!!! And the interviewer saying "Niiiice!" = PRICELESS! I love how our President swatted it as if to say Who's your daddy now?!? and then stared it down as if to say What now? lol. Shooot, if anything, I'm even more fond of our beloved President the way he took down that fly...Mr. Miyagi would be very, very impressed. To be fair, President Obama did give the fly a warning. If only the fly had listened... (too bad they probably can't hear)

Then comes whining in those annoying PETA people. Quit your bellyaching. Are insects even really considered animals? I'd say only marginally. These fools are sending our President a device that humanely traps flies so they can be released outside safely (only to return hours later and keep bugging us...real smart). [insert heavy eye roll] They go on to say that his swatting a fly proves he's not perfect. Well first off, he's not perfect, he's human...duh. Secondly, he perfectly slapped the -ish out of that fly!

Hmmm, I wonder if he can duck a pair of shoes faster than Bush...probably! lol, this whole situation has humored me all day long. Lil' fly, your death was not in vain!


No comments: