Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thank YOU, Dubya!

As you may or may not know, there is a film out belovedly entitled "W." Now, I personally thought that the movie was a parody based on the previews...that is, until I heard it was directed by Oliver Stone. How that fool ever came to be President, even with a Presidential father...the world may never know...

Want to know my opinion about W.? Sadly enough, I do believe that without this idiotic cowboy's 8-year-reign-of-terror, there is a good chance that Obama would not have won the Presidential Election. I am not too optimistic about the country I live in, nor about the intentions of its people. More often than not, I expect the worst out of American citizens. As such, I honestly believe that if W. hadn't sunken our nation into such all-time lows, the nation would not have been prepared to elect its first Black President.

Think about it. Had Bush been someone with half a brain and done a decent job, the US would not be in its horrible job and financial crises, would not be spending billions on some revenge war, and would not be hated by the rest of the world. Had he done as good of a job at protecting our National Bank and securing jobs for US citizens as he did fattening the pockets of the nation's wealthiest, then voters would have gone into the elections content and not looking for change...not looking for a savior from this disaster we have been lead into.

I was talking to some of my friends on election night and someone made a very good point. They said that in order to vote for Obama, you truly had to have the interest of the entire nation, especially if you were in the wealthier class of citizens. And it is so true...sad, but TRUE! That is a shame that we can say that people are now finally voting on a President based on the good of a nation, as a whole, and not by class. It is about time!

So I suppose I owe G.W. a note of thanks. Thank you for leading my nation into a black hole for the past eight years, for even if we all had to suffer and been made to look like fools, in the end, I got a Black President out of it! I might have lost some respect for some of my "friends" during the elections (that moment came when the wealthy, white, uber religious conservatives I went to high school with started changing fb statuses to Obama being the anti-Christ and quoting scripture to support...but, I digress)

(And NO, I did NOT vote Obama because he was Black, but because he was the only competent choice on the ballot...voting McCain would've been voting for Dubya again, only he might have died and been replaced with an even dumber hockey mom!)

Real quick before I leave... Two types of people I will never understand: Gay Republicans and Republican Latinos...not even why, but HOW?!?


No comments: